Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Moley

I never believe people when they say that they don't care what people think. Maybe that's just because I am lying through my teeth whenever I say it.

Don't get me wrong, I try not to care what people think. It just doesn't work all the time. And it's not like I am a slave to the whims of those around me, but I'm pretty sure I could have gone my entire life without having heard my name, "Enrique Iglesias," and "mole" in the same sentence. 

So last Friday, I had the offending mole removed. I had never really thought the mole noticable or unsightly, but one comparison to Enrique was enough for me. 

Needing assurance, I asked another friend if my mole was really ugly or noticeable. She refused to answer and instead encouraged me to not care what people think. Which was all good advice until she started talking about how I could be a role model for children with massive birthmarks or disfigurement obscuring their faces. 

Needless to say, my signature mole is gone. I feel sort of naked. This was one of the last moments before the mole was removed (btw, my nose is not that big). 

3 comments:

heather said...

i've always thought you're gorgeous.

Kirsten said...

Um.. have you seen the massive mole on my face.. I just work it like it's going out of style.. (I've never really understood that expression, but I think it is funny)

elizabeth said...

I think you'll look great either way. Honestly, I remember your mole, but I don't remember it being as big as you think. But then again, it's not on my face. I'm coming into town for Easter. I fly in on Thursday. I hope to see your new face.