Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting Old

Things I've learned on my latest road trip:

1) Contrary to popular belief, I can actually drive long distance without a red bull. Not pretty, but possible.

2) Arizona is hot. I mean, we all know it's hot, but it's sick crazy hot here. Watching the temperature on my dashboard drop 50 degrees en route from Phoenix to Provo was not comforting considering we are only halfway into June.


3) Delvine Jackson is a husband stealer. There were many more things I learned about the people of Kanab, UT from reading what was written on the bathroom stalls of the local service station. However, while the other things were rather informative, this was the only revelation appropriate to make the list.



4) I can no longer finish an entire order of french toast from Magleby's Fresh, let alone get my money's worth from being all-you-can-eat. Sad sad day.


5) I am getting old. I am no longer a crazy college kid. I like going to bed early. I drink herbal tea and never ever drink soda. I am very concious of my fiber intake, I like NPR and have absolutely no idea why girls are wearing headbands like this:

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

This post totally cracked me up. I'm still laughing. I honestly don't know why girls wear their headbands like that either. And I HATE Delvin Jackson. She tried to steal Dave from me.

What are you doing in Utah? And yes, Tara is gorgeous. She got married today. Although, I'm sure you know that if you ran into her.

sNick said...

Where have you been all my life?

Abby Annis said...

Okay, if you're old, I'm ancient. Not cool. :)

Nicki said...

oh my awesome headband comment, batman. ha ha ha :)