Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bag lady

My conversation with a co-worker today:

Me: Geez Chris, I need to find a way to get more sleep. Check out the bags under my eyes.

Chris: What bags?

Me: What do you mean what bags?

Chris: Well, you've got that make-up under your eyes.

Me (getting super confused): What are you talking about? What make-up? Is my mascara running?

Chris: You have all that black under your eyes. All that eye shadow.

Me: Um, Chris, those ARE the bags under my eyes.

Chris: Holy crap. Erin, you need to get some sleep. You look like someone gave you two black eyes. I thought it was makeup.

Me: Chris, why would I use make up to look like a complete mess?

Chris: [silence]


Needless to say, full time work, full time grad school and an internship are all catching up to me.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

ha! i guess whether they're 8 or 28even they still just don't get "it."

The Standrings said...

oh dear! you are one busy chica! how do you do it?

elizabeth said...

Erin, I thought you might have been exaggerating a little bit. But I guess if a guy at work thinks you put makeup under your eyes...maybe you need to take a little nap.

Katie said...

Oh no. Poor Erin! You have always been going non-stop. Take a day off and sleep all day. Or get some light make-up to put over those bags..haha.

Jen and Ty said...

I hope life is a little more mellow than it was a month ago. I hope you are doing well! I am in Phoenix once a month (and more than that in a couple weeks) because I am having the baby down there in December. It would be great to see you if you aren't too busy (I don't want to contribute to the bags under your eyes)!

Poelmans said...

haha Erin I love you, your blog is hilarious.