Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I should publicly express gratitude with great frequency and not need to hide behind a holiday as an excuse to do so. But I never said I was perfect.... so in honor of the holiday, I figured I'd share a few things that I am especially grateful for right now. Especially after the last blog entry I wrote. I now feel the need to prove that my life isn't totally awful. In fact, it's pretty dang awesome (minus the boot cast).

So here goes. I am thankful for...

1. First and foremost, my family. My whole entire Big-Fat-Greek-Wedding-times-seven family. They are everywhere I go. Seriously. I mean, I have a HUGE family. These people alone make coming back to the AZ worth it. I had a lot of people I needed to get close to again.

2. Dreyer's seasonal ice creams. Pumpkin rocks, but seriously, I could eat Peppermint ALL DAY. Good thing they are just seasonal or I'd have to buy bigger pants.

3. The Tierra Rica Spanish branch. I started going in addition to my n
ormal single's ward because I felt like I needed to get my spanish solid. Best decision EVER. Suddenly, I have weekly dinner invites, a tummy full of tres leches cake, and invitations for Mexican weddings and Quinceaneras all over my fridge. All that=happiness.

4. My roommate Amy, who brings with her a total of 0% drama. And she's clean. And really funny. And gives me lots of healthy recipe ideas. And she like The Smiths. She's basically the perfect roommate.
5. My friends. I have the most amazing friends ever. That seems like something Paris Hilton would say in an interview with People magazine, and as much as that makes me want to hit the backspace key, I can't. I really have amazing friends. A lot of you guys reading this fall into that category and I hope you know who you are and know how much I love you. If I've ever read you my journal, bawled uncontrollably in your presence and you still speak to me, or flown somewhere to see you or be your bridesmaid, if we ever stayed up really late chatting about life and such, shared a twin bed, camped together, wrestled in water spilled on the kitchen floor, went to the desert to burn a hateful hateful calculus book, or burned anything together (yeah, I'm a bit of a pyro), driven across the ENTIRE country together, or imitated bagpipes while strolling through France, you fall into this category. And if you have (or your mother has) ever cooked for me, you DEFINITELY fall into this category (and so does your momma). Thanks for being there for me guys. Even though you are spread out all over this planet (which is so lame), I am so grateful to have had you in my life. And I really miss you.

6. upcoming vacations

7. lovesacs

8. Arizona winters

9. imeem.com & pandora.com. If you don't know what either is, just go. Right now. Just go and check them out. Trust me.

10. caffeinated crystal light. I may owe a master's degree to you one day...

11. DEEP-FRIED FLAVOR-INJECTED TURKEY. We Thornhills do not mess around with our meat.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I am thankful for you Erin. Happy Thanksgiving.

The Standrings said...

erin, you crack me up. i love you.