Monday, December 19, 2011

3d Ultrasound

I always vowed that I would not be one who just blogs about my kids and puts up pictures of my kids and talks about how cute and wonderful my kids are. But considering I'm not even a parent yet and what follows, I'm off to a really bad start.

I just had a 3d ultrasound and I have to say, despite not entirely clear images, I am convinced my child is going to be so stinking adorable. I'll admit, I was nervous that my kid might end up funny looking. I mean, we've all seen newborns that look more alien than gerber baby. But my 30 week old babe is so downright gorgeous. I know. Biased. But look at her chubby cheeks (which will no doubt plump up further) and her button nose! I also think she has James' gorgeous plump lips. If she gets his blue eyes, forget about it. She'll kill me with cuteness.

Here she is sucking her thumb with her other fingers spread across her face. I'm praying this means her sucking instinct is fabulous and that she'll be a good latcher AND also a self-soother.

While we're on the subject, how weird is that that we can see facial features before our babies are even born? Do you think it's cheating? James sort of does. And I get that. But frankly, it warms my heart to unreal degrees to see the little thing that's been kicking my ribs incessantly and giving he crazy acid reflux 24/7. It makes all those uncomfortable things so worth it and makes me not so freaked out about childbirth (and there is plenty to freak out about--google is not your friend when you're pregnant) because I'll get to meet her.

5 comments:

Amy Lee Scott said...

baby! in february! so exciting :) for some reason these posts came up in my google reader in one big clump today so it was like one awesome surprise after another. hooray for you guys!

The Standrings said...

best feeling in the WORLD- meeting your baby for the first time! there is absolutely nothing that compares! i am excited for you! and i have no doubt that she'll be gorgeous!

Natalie said...

WOW that is just amazing. What a perfect miracle! Can't wait to meet the little doll!

elizabeth said...

Yes. She's cute, but I'm not surprised.

YouTube is not your friends either when you're worried about what goes on during a c-section

Valori I. Perry said...

How have you been? I just stumbled across your blog and found out your were pregnant! Like, really pregnant, as in, due soon! Such amazing news, congratulations!

Anyway, just wanted to give you a little hello and see how you're doing. I tried to shoot you an email but I must have an old address.