Sunday, November 16, 2008

Three days and counting....

To say that the last week or so has been insane would be the understatement of the century. But I am reporting alive and reasonably well from an internet cafe not far from a Paris train station. I arrived this morning firm Munich on a night train. That was three hours late. So I got to share a little moving room with two strange europen women, one of whom ignored the statment that on night trains, "you are expected to wear your day clothes." She didn't wear her day clothes--or any clothes for that matter.

Right now I'm just killing time until 19h59 when my french friend, Christelle, will be showing up with her fiance. The three of us are going to chill for the next three days and then I will once again return to the land of nice teeth and customer service.

So that's two hours to kill and this internet is pretty cheap. At least it seems to be. Sometimes they gouge you at the til, but I'm at the end of caring. I just want to sit here and type away and not walk around aimlessly since being Sunday eveing, everythng is closed. I did my darnest while visiting church today to secure a dinner appointment for tonight, but instead I got one for tomorrow night. That works too. A lady from Ivory Coast is going to make me African food. I am pretty happy. I probably could have wrangled something for tonight, but as usual these days, a creepy guy with bad breath was "leaning" and I decided to split right after the meeting was over.

Oh, I saw Holiday on ice the other day in Nurnberg. I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it, but frankly, it was awfully entertaining. Fruitiest dang thing I have ever seen in life. I got to see a group of men wearing skin tight clothes in magenta and baby blue adorned with 50% of the world's sequins pranicing about in ice and taking themselves very VERY seriously. It was so great. I was so entertained. Inspired, even.

2 comments:

heather said...

You have the best adventures.

sNick said...

Are you coming home today? If you see Christelle again, tell her I say hi. Give me a call when you're back in the states. Love you.