Monday, August 4, 2008

UPDATE

1) I've decided that the only way to keep myself from a building ledge or walking into oncoming traffic is to leave. So come rain or shine, this girl is heading to Washington D.C. September 1st and is fully prepared to sell her soul for the right salary.

2) I am a reject of rejects. I sat for 1 hour waiting with the poor people or Provo to sell my body (plasma) only to find out that while the plasma of the smelly guy next to me was perfectly acceptable, mine was not. I've visited not one, but THREE countries on the malaria scare list. But with fibromyalgia, the technician said I could never donate regardless of where I went. They'll never want me. I was crushed. Sixty dollars a week extra would have made it possible to stop mooching rides, food, postage stamps, and laundry detergent from roommates, friends, and on occasion, complete strangers. But at least the guy let me take a juice box and bag of crackers (i.e. dinner) for my time.

3) I finished the last paper I'll ever write as an undergraduate and handed it in. It felt good. So good I might have actually leapt through the hall as I left Dr. Green's office, and incidentally frightened the guy coming around the corner. 
 


5 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Yeah, you're done! Isn't it the greatest feeling!! I glad yet said that you are still going to D.C. I know it's all going to work out great! I've been in California for two weeks and forgot to take my charger but I'll be home this weekend. I'm prepared to get as much Erin time as I can knowing you're leaving soon and who knows, we may be leaving Provo too?! We'll I'll call you this weekend. Love you!!! Twink

heather said...

Nice. You are quitting the Provo scene -and I am just moving in. I can honestly say that so far -I'm really not sold on this little college city at all -minus the great harvest bread place. So, I envy you for trotting off to DC. Best of luck!

What is your degree in??

Sabriel said...

I sell my body...well my plasma anyway...I'm so proud of you for going! I LOVE you Erin Virgina!!!

Staci said...

haha! Congrats on beind DONE! I'm sorry that they didn't want your plasma:) But I'm SURE you will find something great when you get over to DC! Keep us updated!

Katie said...

You are wonderful, I love you. Have fun in AZ!