Thursday, May 22, 2008

God bless computer geeks

Thanks to a group of people devoted to outsmarting Steve Jobs and sticking it to the man, I have been able to transfer nearly 30 GB of music from my iPod (which had music from a friend's computer) onto my new macbook. Thirty gigs of music is like, oh, a billion dollars worth of CDs or iTunes downloads that I can simply not afford to buy (two words: unpaid internship).

And it was incredibly easy. Easy enough that I, one who cannot work any microwave made after 1979, was able to transfer the music with ease. I can now jam to all the Lady Sovereign, Shiny Toy Guns, Joshua Radin, and Frank Sinatra that my little heart desires. I was even able to fill in the gaps in my collections of the Beatles, AC/DC, Dave Matthews, Van Halen, Sean Paul, Regina Spektor, Muse and Ella Fitzgerald (just to name a few).    

My happiness is unimaginable. Thank you Senuti

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you...

Sheryl said...

Another on the to do list when you move back: Show Sheryl how to put music from her ipod to the computer.

p.s. sorry about today. I'm excited to hear about...yeah you know! I was just trying to multitask today (talking on the phone and chatting with you), and lets be honest I'm not good at it.