Sunday, May 11, 2008

Misc. Update

Today we went to Jerusalem and toured the tunnels near the foundation for the Western Wall. This is what the wall looks like from the tunnels. It was pretty wicked cool.
We also went to the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem. It was an interesting experience because we went with some extreme Zionists who cried at the museum and were very expressive in mourning the tragedy that befell humanity because of the unrestrained hatred of the Third Reich. They then proceeded to imply that all Arabs were horrible people and were not to be trusted by virtue of their race. They even refused to walk through the Arab quarter of Jerusalem. Sometimes I really wish people could really see themselves and hear themselves talk. This kind of attitude made me really angry when I got here, but now I just feel pity for those that hate. Being here and seeing a lot of hatred has just made me want to love more to try and balance the scales. I just want to go out and give everyone hugs.

This is what I see every weekend and some weekdays when I can escape work early and just chill at the beach next to my house. I love my nalgene bottle. Never without it. I even inspired an FSN at the embassy to go out and buy a bottle.
I'm getting tan. I think I look tan in this picture. TannER at least.

These are just some of the people in my branch here. I seriously love them so much. These people are just so full of love. They tell me how wonderful and beautiful I am--they will be really hard to leave.

3 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Yes, you look tan, you half mexican!!! You are so cute too! Hope the hummus hasn't made you sick yet (from your email). Love you and miss you!

SaritaMx said...

You ARE beautiful... and tan. And if you're half Mexican... it's true! We ARE sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catherine said...

sitting eating lunch at the dentist office with my apple, cheese&crackers and what...that's right, the same water bottle! Can't wait to meet and catch up.