Tuesday, June 10, 2008

With all that talent, they were bound to be weirdos

I've just come to the realization that there are far too many excellent songs with really weird and slightly creepy music videos. 

1. The Hardest Part by Coldplay. I mean, am I the only one uncomfortable watching this?

2. Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. The music video is, in my opinion *cool,* sorta fairytale like, Big-Fish-esque--that is just up until there are odd glowing little tree alien things staring back at the band. I had seen parts of the music video before but just recently saw the whole thing. I was following them right up until the creepy alien things. They totally lost me there. And then, bam, the music video is over. It's sort of how I felt after watching "There will be blood." I followed right up till then end, enjoying the movie (as much as one can). Then the last minute left me unsettled and staring blankly at the credits with a dropped jaw and a queasy feeling in my stomach.

Okay, I said "far too many" and I only came up with two. I'm lame, I know, but I'm sure there are more. I just can't think of them at the moment.   

3 comments:

sNick said...

Oh! I've got one! "Quelqu'un m'a dit" by Carla Bruni. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsUlSvtziXU . Who is the creepy stalker in the window? And I thought the exact same thing when I saw that Coldplay video for the first time. It's especially weird because they usually have really good videos. Why does artist have to equal weirdo?

Sabriel said...

k so there's a little thing in the front seat the whole time in somewhere only we know. totally lame.

Katie said...

It seriously looked like the old lady hurt her foot because she was limping all funny near the end. Maybe her dream was to dance to a Coldplay song like that before she died. HOLY CRAP that lady is insane. Don't get me wrong it was very strange, but she is 84. I thought her limbs were going to come off and the rest of her body was going to fly through the air when he was spinning her.