Monday, June 30, 2008

The End

Today I started freaking out. 

Not only did I write the last check to my university I will ever write, but I potentially found housing in Washington DC. Exciting, yes. Initially, I was ecstatic, but the absolute reality of my situation sat staring me in the face. This college experience (that I have managed to drag out over the last 7 years, taking time off to live in Switzerland, France and most recently Israel) is all really going to be over and that real life really is just around the corner. 

Oh and by the way, if you or anyone you know has connections to a job in DC that wouldn't involve me wearing a shirt with my name on it, working with anyone that calls coworkers "champ," or selling my soul to the devil, please let me know. Connections, like spare car keys and leather, are things one can never have too much of.

4 comments:

Anne said...

wow! where are you going to live? i know it will all work out! sorry i don't have a job to offer you, but good luck! by the way, did you take the picture of the Dome of the Rock or find it somewhere? it is awesome! where was it taken from?

Unknown said...

girlfriend! when are you coming!?!??!?! because if you need a filler job just to make some cash while you are looking for another job, my office is the place to be (lots of down time too--blogging central my friend, blogging central.)

The Standrings said...

hey so your mom told me that you were up here! we need to get together!

sNick said...

Leather?