Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The beauty I see

These are just a few photos that I've taken since I've been here in various places.

The top photo (and the third, as well) is of the aquaducts near Cesarea and the photo below was taken at the Western Wall. Sunday is the day that the Israeli soldiers get to tour around a bit, apparently. My feelings about the Israeli military aside, it was very touching to see these women praying at the Wall.




This is a shot I got of Tel-Aviv proper from Yafo, the old port city. The embassy is in there somewhere. It's right on the beach.

This is a door in Yafo. It was the happiest door I have ever seen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am so ridiculously jealous. i am also very glad for you, too. is that possible? to be jealous and glad? i think so. love you, toots!

Sheryl said...

Someone made a comment about the wall in Sunday school, and he just helped me to see how special it really was, and then i thought, "Wow Erin is there." LOve you!