Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I bet they know how to party in Dublin

Last night we went to a St. Patrick's day party at the Irish ambassador's residence. I was decked in my very green dress and was ready to party. I was fully prepared to find a large group of drunk Irish, full off corned beef and cabbage, arm in arm singing "Danny Boy." I was ready to jump right in there, next to the the Jonathan Rhys Meyers look-alike, and sing my guts out while raising my mug of lightly carbonated water.

I was sorely disappointed, however. I arrived to find nothing more than a cocktail party set to Irish music. No merry drunk people. No corned beef and cabbage and no Jonathan Rhys Meyers. And, I was one of the only people wearing something other than black, not to mention a loud emerald-colored dress. Let's just say I stood out just a tad. 

No comments: