Thursday, March 27, 2008

I wish I had a hit man doing my bidding

Because if I did, I knew who (or what, rather) I'd have him take out.

You see, I just got bit by a dog about 20 minutes ago. I was walking this evening, in my rather nice neighborhood, to a co-workers to pick up a charger for the cell phone the embassy is giving me for emergencies. I am going to the Galilee by bus tomorrow alone and I'm 90% sure I'm going to get horribly lost. So I wanted to be sure the cell phone worked. So I'm in the neighborhood, walking on a sidewalk when an insane dog jumps out of nowhere and bites into my rather formidible calve. I ran away yelping like a freak as the dog bit at my heels. The jerk ripped my pants (my favorite short pants) and left me with a puncture wound.

I couldn't believe it. I still can't. When I got back home, I called my co-worker who then warns me of rabies. Great. Rabies. 

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

oH my! Seriously only in a foreign country. that happened to a sister in my mission. Ahhhh, I'm sorry. I unfortunately was laughing a little through the story b/c of the 90% chance of you getting lost and the yelp. I'm sorry hunny. I hope you don't have rabies.

Sabriel said...

i can't believe it erin. i hope my massage helped ease the pain.

Patricia said...

so there was a girls with measles at my dad's office and they had to evacuate, sterilize, and vaccinate everyone that had come into contact with her in the past two weeks.

Catherine said...

You always find adventure, humor, and danger wherever you go. Make sure to document it all, because you could easily rival David Sedaris as an author! I miss you and glad to have found your blog to keep tabs on you now.