Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Au bord de la mer

Dangers of running on the beach at night in Herzilia Pituach:

1) People having sex all over the place. It's quite dark and I've nearly tripped several times.

2) Stray dogs. They didn't used to freak me out, but that has changed since my encounter with Lucifer, the rabid dog from Hell (stay tuned for more on that front).

3) Randomly high tides. I run near the water (because the sand is firmer) but like I've said, it's dark, and every once in a while there is a renegade wave that creeps up on me. In my mind I'm thinking, "Oh, it's gonna stop. It'll miss me." 

But then it keeps going and I my shoes get soaked and sandy and I look like a moron who was too mentally slow to avoid the creeping tide. This is usually the only time during my run when I encounter people who are actually watching me. 

4) Naked men skinny dipping. Alone. Is it just me or is that a little suspicious? I mean, who skinny dips alone

I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a French film every time I go for a night run these days.

 

No comments: