Thursday, April 10, 2008

I want to be a Corleone

I learned to speak Rocky when I was 15 and got really into Sly's five best movies. It was difficult at first, but I managed after a while. I'm gifted with languages, what can I say? I would then translate for my friends (who usually couldn't figure out why I loved the movies so much) as we watched the films. Slurred speak is so sexy. 

The first one is forever my favorite. I mean, how can you not be totally won over by a guy who proposes marriage by saying, "I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddya think, huh?"

I don't know about you, but I'd be putty in his very capable hands. 

Well, tonight I finally watched The Godfather and I don't know if the sound was too low, but I had to read the Hebrew subtitles at times to figure out what the heck Vito Corleone was saying. This is when I knew there was a problem. When strange scribbles and lines make more sense than Marlon, something is definitely amiss. 

Wait, what did he say? Oh, איפה מיקייל. Right, "Where's Michael?"

Well, I guess the good news is that my Hebrew is getting better.

1 comment:

tiffany garfield said...

hahaha, Looks like you've got the hebrew down! Sweet! Hey, you never called back! It's ok, it was so fun to talk to you though. I leave for Hawaii in two days and I'm so excited---I mean it's not Israel or anything but...haha. Well, I'll keep up on your blog till I talk to you again! Have fun!! Love you, Twink