Friday, April 4, 2008

Cravings

I'm a crack addict waiting to happen. Seriously people. I have such an addictive personality (as in I am easily addicted to things, not that people are easily addicted to my glowing personality). 

Last night, I was introduced to sushi for the first time by a new friend of mine, Noa, a fantastic young Israeli TV exec. I am no longer a sushi virgin. And it was amazing. Granted, it was a tad pricey, but well worth it. So now all day today while at work, all I could think of was "sushi, sushi, sushi." I could practically taste the deliciousness in my mouth. I'd then snap out of it long enough to focus hard on my market research on Israeli alternative energy sources for about, oh, 45 seconds. Then it was back to "sushi, sushi, sushi." It was ridiculous.

But this seems to be the story of my life. When I first got to Israel--within my first 24 hours here--I was introduced to this organic apricot fruit leather. It was gone almost instantly and I spent the next three weeks daydreaming about it. And I'm not kidding or exaggerating. I would have paid anything to get my hands on more of it. Good thing I don't drink, smoke, gamble, experiment with any drugs or scrapbook.

So now, I'm pretty frightened about what lengths I am going to go to get a sushi fix. Who knew crispy salmon skin could be so intensely delicious?

3 comments:

sNick said...

BEEF!

Anonymous said...

See Nick, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You witnessed the mania first hand.

SaritaMx said...

I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to you!!! I thank Tim everyday for that. Not that he talks to anyone anymore, right?